Drivers of 18-wheeler trucks shoulder immense responsibilities. These massive vehicles can weigh up to 80,000 pounds, requiring meticulous operation and a heightened sense of awareness on the road. Due to the extreme size and weight of these trucks, when drivers fail to uphold their duty of care, the consequences can be catastrophic, often leading to severe injuries or even fatalities.
Linebaugh, Dority & Allen is committed to standing by victims of 18-wheeler accidents. Leveraging our extensive experience, we advocate passionately on behalf of our clients. If you or a loved one has suffered, we urge you to reach out and schedule a free consultation with our Baytown 18-wheeler accident attorneys.
Why Choose the Attorneys at Linebaugh, Dority & Allen?
- Our successful track record speaks for itself. With over 59 years of combined experience, our Baytown personal injury lawyers have recovered millions of dollars on behalf of our clients.
- Given the complexities of trucking regulations and industry standards, it’s invaluable to have an advocate who truly understands. Our founding attorney is board-certified in truck accident law and has a deep legal understanding of this area.
- We understand the importance of being heard, especially after a traumatic accident. With bilingual staff and services, both English and Spanish-speaking clients receive the legal guidance they need.
Common Causes of 18-Wheeler Accidents
18-wheeler accidents often occur due to negligence, often on the part of the driver. However, a product manufacturer, a government entity, or the company that owns the truck or employs the driver may also be responsible.
Some of the most common causes of 18-wheeler accidents include:
- Driver Fatigue: Long hours on the road can lead to tiredness, compromising a driver’s reaction time and judgment.
- Distracted Driving: Whether it’s due to electronics, eating, or other distractions, not paying full attention to the road increases risks.
- Inadequate Training: Not all truck drivers receive the comprehensive training needed to operate these large vehicles safely.
- Overloading: Trucks carrying more than their specified limit can become difficult to control.
- Equipment Failure: Brake failures, tire blowouts, or other mechanical issues can lead to accidents.
- Poor Road Conditions: Potholes, inadequate signage, or other road hazards can be especially treacherous for large trucks.
Damages Available in an 18-Wheeler Accident Claim
If you’ve been injured in an accident involving an 18-wheeler, Texas law allows you to pursue compensation for your injuries and losses. Depending on the cause of your accident, you could file an insurance claim, a personal injury lawsuit, or a claim against a government entity.
In an 18-wheeler accident claim, you could recover financial compensation to help pay for the economic and non-economic losses that you endured in the collision. These may include:
- Current and anticipated future medical bills related to the accident
- Earnings lost due to time off work or diminished earning capacity
- The physical pain and emotional trauma stemming from the accident
- Damage to your vehicle or other personal property
Truck accident claims can be intricate, requiring deep knowledge of the laws, regulations, and processes. To recover the compensation you deserve, it is imperative to work with an attorney who can guide you through the legal process and fight for your rights.
Contact Us Today for a Free Legal Consultation
If you were injured in an 18-wheeler accident, you deserve justice. In these situations, trust Linebaugh, Dority & Allen to protect your rights. Contact us today at (281) 422-0505 to schedule your free case consultation.