Uber and Lyft have revolutionized the way we think about transportation, offering a convenient and often less expensive alternative to traditional taxi services and public transit. However, as these platforms have grown in popularity, so too have instances of serious accidents involving rideshare vehicles, putting passengers, drivers, and other road users at risk.
If you or someone you know has been involved in an Uber or Lyft accident, Linebaugh, Dority & Allen, P.C. can help. Our attorneys specialize in handling rideshare accident claims and are committed to ensuring you receive the compensation you deserve. Don’t navigate this complex legal landscape alone; schedule a free consultation with us today.
Why Choose Our Rideshare Accident Attorneys?
- With more than 59 years of combined experience, our firm has recovered millions of dollars for our clients in many types of accident claims, including rideshare cases.
- If we take on your Uber or Lyft accident case, you’ll receive hands-on attention and your attorney’s cellphone number, making sure you are informed and supported.
- Our Baytown personal injury attorneys operate on a contingency fee basis for maximum affordability. If we represent you, there’s no fee unless we recover compensation for your rideshare accident claim.
The Dangers of Riding in an Uber or Lyft
Although rideshare services promote themselves as safe transportation alternatives, accidents can still occur. It is important to remember that Uber and Lyft drivers are not trained and can commit serious mistakes on the road. Even the most experienced rideshare driver can cause a dangerous accident.
A driver may fail to maintain his or her vehicle, leading to mechanical issues that can cause or contribute to a car accident. Similarly, the pressure to maximize earnings can sometimes result in speeding, making abrupt lane changes, or engaging in other forms of reckless driving.
Distractions from managing the rideshare app, combined with the demands of navigating unfamiliar routes, can also divert attention from the road, increasing the risk of a collision. Fatigue is another concern, as some rideshare drivers work long hours or multiple jobs, which can impair their focus and reaction times.
Does Uber or Lyft Pay for an Accident Involving Their Drivers?
If you were injured while riding in an Uber or Lyft, you have the right to pursue a claim and recover a settlement to help pay for the damages that you experienced. However, pursuing compensation can be a complex process.
- If the app was off, the accident is not eligible for coverage. The driver’s personal car insurance would apply.
- If the app was on and the driver was waiting for a ride request. The company will provide up to $50,000 in bodily injury per person, $100,000 in bodily injury per accident, and $25,000 in property damage.
- If the app was on and the driver was picking up a passenger or had someone in the vehicle, liability coverage increases to $1 million.
Navigating a rideshare accident claim can be challenging, especially without an attorney on your side. A Baytown accident lawyer from Linebaugh, Dority & Allen can help you explore your legal options and identify your optimal path to financial recovery.
Schedule a Free Consultation with Linebaugh, Dority & Allen
If you’ve been injured in an accident, time is of the essence. The Baytown Uber/Lyft accident lawyers can help. Contact us at (281) 422-0505 or use our online contact form to schedule your free consultation today.