Catastrophic injuries can change the trajectory of your life in an instant. Unlike minor injuries that heal with time, catastrophic injuries can leave you with permanent disabilities, forever altering your ability to work, engage in daily activities, or even care for yourself.
Linebaugh, Dority & Allen is here to fight for the rights of those who have suffered such life-altering injuries. With our experience and unwavering dedication, we seek to help victims obtain the compensation they require and deserve. Contact our Baytown catastrophic injury attorney today to understand your legal rights and potential recourse.
Why Choose Our Catastrophic Injury Lawyers?
- The severity of catastrophic injuries demands exceptional legal experience. Our founding attorney holds dual board certifications in truck accident and personal injury trial law—a distinction held by only 2% of Texas lawyers.
- Our Baytown personal injury lawyers handle a limited number of cases to offer personalized attention to each client. With catastrophic injuries, this focus ensures you receive the dedicated support you deserve.
- Our firm charges a contingency fee for our services. If we do not recover a settlement in your case, you will not be charged any legal fees.
What Are the Most Common Types of Catastrophic Injuries?
A catastrophic injury is defined as an injury that permanently prevents an individual from performing any gainful work. These may include:
- Spinal Cord Injuries: These injuries involve damage to the spinal cord, which can disrupt communication between the brain and the body and cause paralysis.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI): This refers to injuries that result from external force causing brain dysfunction. TBIs can lead to cognitive deficits, motor function issues, emotional disturbances, and sensory problems.
- Burn Injuries: Severe burns can penetrate deep layers of skin, potentially damaging underlying tissues such as muscles, tendons, and bones.
- Amputations: This involves the removal or loss of a body part, typically a limb or extremity. It can be a result of a traumatic event or medically necessary procedure.
Legal Options after a Catastrophic Injury in Texas
In Texas, victims of catastrophic injuries have the right to pursue compensation, especially if their injuries result from another’s negligence. This compensation can cover medical expenses, ongoing care, lost wages, pain and suffering, and any other related damages. If you suffered a catastrophic injury, filing a claim can help you seek justice, but you will need to establish the liable party’s negligence to recover a settlement.
Work with a Baytown Catastrophic Injury Lawyer
Catastrophic injury cases are complex by nature. They not only involve significant amounts in potential settlements or awards but also require a deep understanding of medical terms, long-term care costs, and future implications of the injury.
In these situations, hiring an attorney is crucial. A Baytown catastrophic injury lawyer has a thorough understanding of the medical and legal intricacies involved. Your attorney can build a compelling case in your favor and effectively calculate both current and future costs, addressing all potential areas of compensation.
With a Baytown catastrophic injury attorney on your side, you can maximize your chances of a successful claim—which is why it is crucial to seek legal representation after a serious injury.
Schedule a Free Consultation with Linebaugh, Dority & Allen Today
Facing the aftermath of a catastrophic injury in Baytown? You’re not alone, and Linebaugh, Dority & Allen can help. Call us today at (281) 422-0505 or contact us online to learn about your legal options.