18-wheelers are an essential component of the nation’s supply chain, constantly crisscrossing the roads to keep businesses and consumers supplied. However, the sheer size and weight of these vehicles make them capable of causing severe damage when involved in accidents. When a passenger car comes into contact with an 18-wheeler, the results can be catastrophic.
If you or a loved one have been involved in an 18-wheeler accident, Linebaugh, Dority & Allen, P.C. can help. With decades of experience in personal injury law, our La Porte accident attorneys are committed to helping you obtain the compensation you deserve. We encourage you to reach out for a free consultation to discuss your specific circumstances and understand your options.
Why Choose the Lawyers at Linebaugh, Dority & Allen?
- Our founding attorney, Dan Linebaugh, is Board Certified in Truck Accident Law by the National Board of Trial Advocacy. We will leverage our knowledge to fight for your right to justice.
- 18-wheelers can cause serious damage. Our firm has recovered millions of dollars for our clients and will advocate for your maximum possible settlement or jury verdict.
- If we take on your case, you will have direct communication with your attorney. We will always be available to answer questions and provide important case updates.
18-Wheelers Can Cause Devastating Injuries
Given the immense size and weight of 18-wheelers, accidents involving them frequently result in serious and life-altering injuries. Victims may suffer from broken bones, spinal cord injuries, traumatic brain injuries, or even loss of life. The emotional and financial burden can be overwhelming for victims and their families, making it crucial to seek legal guidance.
Who Pays After an 18-Wheeler Collision in La Porte, TX?
If you were involved in an 18-wheeler accident, you have the right to pursue legal action by filing an insurance claim or lawsuit. Through your claim, you can hold the party who caused the accident accountable for the damages that you suffered. However, determining who was at fault can be a challenging process.
Depending on the cause of the accident, any of the following parties may be at fault:
- The Driver: If the driver was intoxicated, fatigued, or otherwise negligent, they could be held responsible.
- The Trucking Company: Companies may be liable if they neglect to perform proper vehicle maintenance, hire unqualified drivers, or encourage unsafe driving practices.
- The Vehicle’s Manufacturer: If a defect in the truck itself, such as a malfunctioning brake system or tire failure, contributed to the accident, the vehicle’s manufacturer could be held responsible.
- A Cargo Loading Company: Improperly loaded or secured cargo can result in unbalanced trucks, making them more susceptible to accidents. The company responsible for loading the cargo may be liable if this is the case.
Should You Hire a La Porte 18-Wheeler Accident Attorney?
Due to the complexity of 18-wheeler cases, securing a fair settlement may require extensive evidence and a deep knowledge of the legal area. This is why hiring a La Porte 18-wheeler accident lawyer is so crucial.
Your attorney will not only provide much-needed legal advice but can also help build a strong case by collecting evidence, consulting with experts, and negotiating with insurance companies. If necessary, your lawyer is prepared to take your case to court to secure the best possible outcome.
Contact Linebaugh, Dority & Allen Today
Accidents involving 18-wheelers can cause serious damage. Don’t face the aftermath alone. Contact Linebaugh, Dority & Allen today at (281) 422-0505 to schedule your free case consultation and take your first steps toward justice.