Despite the preventative measures and traffic laws in place, collisions continue to happen every day on Texas roads. Even though a motor vehicle collision may seem minor, the impact can be wide-ranging, resulting in physical injuries, emotional trauma, and financial hardships.
Linebaugh, Dority & Allen, P.C. can help you navigate the aftermath. Our La Porte car accident lawyers have deep knowledge of Texas traffic law and have a long history of securing favorable settlements for our clients. We urge you not to go through this difficult period alone; schedule a free consultation with us today to discuss your options.
Why Choose the Lawyers at Linebaugh, Dority & Allen?
- When you choose our firm, you gain access to a wealth of experience, resources, and knowledge. With over 59 years of combined experience, our lawyers are ready to fight for you.
- Our La Porte personal injury lawyers understand the devastating impact a motor vehicle collision can have on your life and are dedicated to recovering maximum compensation. Our attorneys have secured millions for our clients.
- Everyone deserves access to quality legal representation. Our bilingual staff and services are here to support our clients. Se habla español.
Why You Need an Attorney to Represent Your Case
At first glance, a car accident claim may seem straightforward. However, complications often arise, whether they are related to insurance coverage, catastrophic injuries, liability disputes, or the need for expert testimony. Having a La Porte attorney who specializes in car accidents by your side can help you navigate these challenges effectively.
A La Porte car accident lawyer from Linebaugh, Dority & Allen can help you gather crucial evidence, negotiate with insurance companies, and if necessary, represent you in court to fight for the compensation you deserve. With our support, you can focus on healing and recovery while we handle the legal aspects.
What to Do If You Are Injured in a La Porte Car Accident
The moments following a car accident are critical for both your health and any future legal action you may take. Here are some immediate steps you should take after the collision:
- Call 911 to report the accident to law enforcement and bring emergency medical services to the scene.
- Seek medical care as soon as possible to evaluate potential injuries and receive documentation.
- Gather evidence by taking pictures of the accident scene, vehicle damages, and any visible injuries.
- Exchange contact, license, and insurance information from all parties involved in the accident.
- Contact a car accident lawyer to discuss your case and take your first steps toward filing a claim.
Texas Motor Vehicle Accident Laws
Texas operates under a fault system for motor vehicle accidents, meaning the person who is found to be responsible for the accident is liable for any damages incurred. Texas law requires drivers to have minimum amounts of liability insurance to cover these costs.
If you were injured by a negligent driver on Texas roads, you have the right to file a claim against his or her insurance policy. In some cases, you may want to escalate your case to a personal injury lawsuit in civil court.
Contact Us Today for a Free Initial Consultation
After a car accident in La Porte, you deserve fair compensation for your losses. Trust Linebaugh, Dority & Allen to protect your best interests. Contact us today at (281) 422-0505 or fill out our online form to discuss your rights and options.