A catastrophic injury not only changes the course of your life in an instant, but it also brings overwhelming emotional, physical, and financial burdens. The journey ahead is a long one, filled with medical treatments, rehabilitation, and adjustments to a new way of living.
At Linebaugh, Dority & Allen, P.C., we specialize in representing victims of catastrophic injuries. Our La Porte catastrophic injury lawyers understand the gravity of what you’re going through and are committed to helping you secure the compensation you need to cope with life’s new challenges. Schedule a free consultation today to explore how we can fight for your right to recovery.
Why Choose the Lawyers at Linebaugh, Dority & Allen?
- Our La Porte personal injury lawyers have over 59 years of combined legal experience and has supported clients in a wide range of complex claims, including catastrophic injury lawsuits.
- We know how catastrophic injuries can affect your life. Our firm aims to assist you in not only your financial recovery but also your physical and emotional healing.
- When you hire Linebaugh, Dority & Allen, you will be given direct access to your attorney’s cellphone number so that you can always stay updated and informed.
Compensation for Victims of Catastrophic Injuries in Texas
Lawsuits that involve catastrophic injuries are often more complex than other types of personal injury claims. Due to the extent of these injuries, victims are often entitled to large amounts of compensation under Texas law. Damages in catastrophic injury lawsuits may include:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages and future earnings
- Diminished earning capacity
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
- Disability accommodations, like home modifications
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy
To determine the full value of your claim, it is essential to work with a catastrophic injury attorney. At Linebaugh, Dority & Allen, we have the experience to accurately evaluate and quantify the full extent of your damages. This involves a careful review of medical records, consultation with experts, and a comprehensive understanding of your situation.
Our La Porte catastrophic injury attorneys will calculate all potential avenues to compensation and accurately determine your potential award. With our support, you can present the best possible case to secure the settlement that you need to recover.
What Is a Catastrophic Injury?
A catastrophic injury is a severe injury that has long-term or permanent implications, often affecting your ability to work and perform daily activities. These injuries typically require extensive medical treatment and ongoing care, which can be expensive and emotionally taxing.
Examples of catastrophic injuries include:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain damage
- Severe and extensive burns
- Loss of limbs or amputation
- Internal organ damage
- Multiple broken bones
Who Could Be at Fault for a Catastrophic Injury?
If you suffer a catastrophic injury due to another person’s actions, you have the right to pursue legal action. By filing a lawsuit or insurance claim against the at-fault party, you can recover compensation to help pay for the losses that you sustained and the future costs that you will incur.
Determining liability for a catastrophic injury can be complex, involving multiple parties and contributing factors. Possible parties that could be held accountable include:
- Negligent drivers in motor vehicle accidents
- Product manufacturers in cases of defective products
- Property owners in slip and fall or premises liability accidents
- Medical professionals in cases of medical malpractice
Contact Us Today for a Free Legal Consultation
Catastrophic injuries can change lives forever. In these situations, you need an attorney on your side. Contact Linebaugh, Dority & Allen today at (281) 422-0505 to schedule your free legal consultation with one of our La Porte catastrophic injury lawyers.