A truck accident can be a devastating event. When a large truck or 18-wheeler collides into you, the damage can be extensive. Fortunately, a Baytown truck accident lawyer can offset the cost of that damage.
Here at Linebaugh, Dority & Allen, we’ve represented many clients in truck accident cases. Getting compensation for your accident isn’t easy, but it is possible. Let us help you.
Why Choose Linebaugh, Dority & Allen?
- Truck accidents can be devastating and cause significant damage, which is why maximum recovery is necessary. Our Baytown personal injury attorneys have successfully recovered millions of dollars for our clients.
- Our firm holds specialized knowledge in truck accident claims. Our founding attorney, Dan Linebaugh, is Board Certified in Truck Accident Law by the National Board of Trial Advocacy.
- Our clients’ needs are our top priority. We will be available throughout your case to answer any questions, providing immediate support when you need it most.
Common Injuries in Baytown Truck Accidents
Truck accidents are notorious for resulting in severe, sometimes life-altering injuries. Due to the sheer size and force of commercial trucks, even a minor collision can have catastrophic consequences for those involved, especially for occupants of smaller vehicles.
Some of the most common truck accident injuries include:
- Traumatic brain damage
- Broken bones and fractures
- Internal organ damage
- Spinal cord injuries
- Burns and scarring
- Cuts, bruises, and abrasions
Why Do You Need A Truck Accident Lawyer?
Large trucks weigh between 10,000 and 80,000 pounds. Meanwhile, most vehicles only weigh about 4,000 pounds. The huge variance makes truck accidents more severe than most.
Even if you drive a pick-up truck, an impact with such a large vehicle can be a disaster. If you find yourself a victim of a truck accident, you could have life-threatening injuries, long-term health effects and extensive car damage.
Instead of letting your many bills pile up, you can take action against the driver. Legal representation can help you get the money you deserve for your damages. With the right Baytown truck accident lawyer, you can get compensation for your medical bills, missed wages, and pain and suffering.
A Baytown attorney who specializes in truck accidents from Linebaugh, Dority & Allen can support your case in many ways:
- Specialized Knowledge of Trucking Regulations: Our attorneys are well-versed in federal and state trucking laws. They can pinpoint any violations or negligence that contributed to your accident, enhancing your claim’s strength.
- Thorough Accident Reconstruction: Understanding a truck accident often requires a different level of expertise than a typical car accident. Our firm will collaborate with accident reconstruction experts to fully understand the cause and impact of the collision.
- Experience in Dealing with Multiple Parties: Truck accidents often involve multiple parties—from the driver to the trucking company, and sometimes even third-party contractors. Our attorneys can navigate the complex web of potential defendants to identify all possible sources of liability.
- Commercial Insurance Negotiations: Trucking companies often have complex insurance policies that differ significantly from standard auto insurance. Our lawyers are skilled in negotiating with commercial insurers, fighting for the full extent of the compensation you’re entitled to.
- Comprehensive Damages Assessment: Due to the severe nature of truck accidents, victims may face long-term injuries, require ongoing medical treatment, or even experience loss of livelihood. Our attorneys are skilled in calculating and arguing for damages that fully encompass the extensive impact on your life.
Common Causes Of Truck Accidents In Texas
In 2016, there were 4,440 fatal accidents involving large trucks and buses. Texas led the country in large truck-related fatal accidents. Although there is no single reason for this statistic, there are a few reasons that contribute to such a high accident and fatality rate.
Too Many Trucks On The Road
Texas is a thoroughfare for truck drivers from across the country. With high agricultural and oil outputs, there are many trucks on the road. You’d be hard-pressed to drive down a highway without seeing a truck. So many trucks mean a great potential for accidents. This puts you and your family at risk.
Reckless Truck Drivers
Throughout the US, reckless driving is a problem. However, it’s particularly common among Texas truck drivers. Drivers may drive recklessly to meet tight deadlines.
Exhausted Truck Drivers
As they drive for days on end, truck drivers can become exhausted. Drivers are required by law to have mandatory periods of rest. Although drivers should get enough rest to drive safely, this isn’t always the case. While driving exhausted, a driver could end up falling asleep at the wheel.
Recoverable Damages in a Truck Accident Claim
After a truck accident, victims are often faced with physical injuries, emotional trauma, and financial burdens that can seem insurmountable. Fortunately, the legal system provides avenues for victims to seek financial compensation for the various hardships they’ve encountered.
Here are some types of damages that are recoverable in a truck accident claim:
- Medical Expenses: You have the right to recover damages for your past and future medical treatment. This can cover everything from emergency room visits and hospital stays to long-term care and rehabilitation services.
- Lost Wages: If you’re unable to work due to your injuries, you may be entitled to compensation for the income you’ve lost during your recovery period, as well as future earning capacity if the injuries result in long-term disability.
- Property Damage: The costs of repairing or replacing your vehicle and other personal property damaged in the accident can be included in the claim.
- Pain and Suffering: These are non-economic damages meant to compensate you for the physical pain and emotional distress you’ve endured as a result of the accident.
Punitive Damages: In cases where the truck driver’s or company’s actions were particularly egregious, courts may award punitive damages to punish the wrongdoer and deter similar behavior in the future.
Getting The Representation You Deserve
It can be difficult to get compensation for a truck accident. However, Linebaugh, Dority & Allen has the experience to get you results. You deserve compensation for all of your troubles, and we want to help you.
As we work with you, we’ll figure out who is responsible for the accident. In some cases, it could be the driver. But it could also be the truck company or a parts supplier. In any case, someone is responsible.
Even if you are partly at fault for the accident, you may have a court case. Everyone deserves a free case evaluation.
A truck accident lawyer in Texas with experience can tell you whether or not you have a case. Finding out is as simple as speaking to a lawyer.
Contact a Baytown Truck Accident Attorney Today
No one should have to be alone as they handle the difficulties of a truck accident. Your injuries could keep you in pain and out of work. As your medical bills pile up, your paycheck disappears.
Linebaugh, Dority & Allen wants to help you. Our team will work hard to get you a settlement for your accident. If we can’t get you a settlement, we’ll fight for you in court. The money you receive could prevent you from drowning in debt.
The sooner you take legal action, the sooner you can get compensation. Additionally, Texas has a statute of limitations on personal injury cases. Contact us and find out if you can benefit from our legal services by calling (281) 422-0505 or send an email. Free consultations are available now.