Any motor vehicle accident has the potential to cause the human body physical harm. In a best-case scenario, victims walk away with just a few scrapes and bruises. In a worst-case situation, victims die or suffer life-changing injuries, including amputations, paralysis, a traumatic brain injury, disfigurement or spinal cord damage.
Catastrophic injuries like these typically require extensive medical care and rehabilitation, often for the lifetime of victims. Acquiring appropriate compensation for the degree of harm suffered in severe accidents is critical in paying for medical care.
Expert witnesses might help your claim
Your legal counsel will work hard to help you obtain the financial compensation that you deserve. As such, your advocate may recommend using one or more expert witnesses to strengthen your claim. Experts to consider include:
- Medical professionals to detail the nature of your injuries and how they occurred
- Financial experts to speak about the financial harm your injuries caused (loss of future wages, etc.)
- Accident reconstructionists to investigate the incident and determine how the motor vehicle accident occurred as well as who was responsible
- Mental health professionals to discuss how your injuries impact you psychologically (which helps you seek pain and suffering damages)
- Vocational rehab professionals to speak about your future earning potential and other matters involving your employment
While expert witnesses can strengthen a claim, it is wise to follow the guidance of an advocate to ensure you find credible experts that will help rather than harm your case. When facing catastrophic injuries that could affect you long-term, you want to avoid anything that might jeopardize your situation.
Learning more about your options after suffering catastrophic injuries in Texas can also improve your future circumstances.